Ok time for a page about something that has been bugging me lately. Yep the most controversial thing in the paranormal field ever, ORBS!!!! I come for the old school, we had film cameras when I started. Orbs were pretty rare back then, and when they happened you were happy to at least come home with something. Buying and developing film is not cheap, and orbs were at least something to show for it. Then came the early digital age, poor lens, small flashes, and crappy cmos sensors that were less than 5 mega pixels. Everyone started using these substandard cameras, and wow what is this??? Magic orbs everywhere!!!! This is where the bad name very deservedly came from, they were false anomalies created by poor cameras that has no place being used in the dark in the first place. I was aware of this back then, and did not switch over to digitals for a long time. Fast forward to the modern era, acceptable point and shot cameras, and very highly advanced professional cameras can be used. Pocket cameras will always suffer from false dust orbs from dust hitting your flash. You should be aware of what they look like, and know your own equipment's limitations. However professional cameras with a flash hood, and a flash behind the lens do not suffer from dust orbs. They are what a professional ghost hunter should use if you want to be taken seriously. Nobody should ever use a cell phone camera for ghost hunting, small lens, high f stop which doesn't let in enough light, software messing with the exposure times automatically, and highly inadequate flash. Nothing taken with a cell phone should ever be considered evidence! What I'm trying to say is orbs are only as good as the person, and camera taking them! The one thing I am completely and total sick of is other groups who think they are better than you because they don't think orbs are evidence at all. When you look at their so called evidence, they have all of 2 pictures because they can't find any photos to post. I really believe in orbs, but they are rare! 99.99999% of what people think are orbs aren't but they can be real in rare instances for these reasons:
1. I see them!!!!! Yes my brain is wired differently than most people, and I know that I see things other people can't. That doesn't make me better than you, I'm different. I see balls of light all the time when out ghost hunting, and they appear in all colors. I do tend to see red the most. They are very fast moving, and move in an intelligent fashion. They move in and out of objects at will, and are not bound by our laws of earth physics. If they appear as balls of light, you would expect to catch them as a ball of light in a photo. This is perfectly logical conclusion, nothing more!
2. I have had more than one person see the same orb at the same time! This happens at beaver creek a lot, there is a very bright bluish light that comes out often. It has been seen by several people, on more than one occasion.
3. I see them in my full spectrum camera, even if I can't see them with my own eyes. Some of them exist outside of our visual spectrum of light. The reason some cameras catch them is because they are seeing a little into the realm of light we can't see. If you convert a digital camera to see all light, they catch a ton more orbs.
4. I catch them during the day! Yes daytime orbs, no flash, and even on a film camera. There is no way to discount or debunk that.
5. I catch them behind things! Look at my pic from lost 224 cemetery with the orb behind a leaf. There is no way you can ever say that is dust near the lens. Another time I watched one on my full spectrum camera fly behind someone standing 10 feet in front of me!
6. There are no absolutes in ghost hunting. Not believing in orbs does not make you an expert. Being able to tell what is dust, and what is a real orb makes you a ghost hunter!
7. I watched a video posted online where somebody was using an emf meter, the meter pegged, an orb flew out, and the meter went back down. I was impressed to say the least, and don't have an explanation for that one!
8. Real orbs emit their own light. If you take a picture in the dark without a flash a real orb will show up. They can cast a secondary light source on stuff around them, that's pretty neat!
9. We don't know what a soul looks like, so why should a should a soul appear as a person?
10. Real orbs show up at haunted places, and they are pretty rare at non haunted places.
Follow me if you want to go back home